Terms and Conditions
This website is provided to you free of charge for your personal use, subject to the following Terms and Conditions.
Your use of the site constitutes your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
All web site design, text, graphics, the selection and arrangements thereof, and all software compilations, underlying source code, software (including applets) and all other material on this website are the copyright of SGS Engineering UK Ltd and its affiliates, or their content and technology providers, and is protected under the UK and International Copyright Law. All rights reserved. No permission is granted to electronically copy and to print inhard copy portions of this web site without prior written permission of SGS Engineering UK Ltd. Any use of materials on this web site, including reproduction for any purpose, modification, distribution, transmission, display, adaptation, alteration, re-publication or the creation of derivative works from this web site is strictly prohibited. Applications for permission should be sent to: email@example.com.
Terms and Conditions of Trading
Please read these conditions of sale ("Agreement") carefully before ordering any goods from SGS Engineering UK Ltd. By ordering any goods from this Site you, the buyer, agree with us to be bound by the terms of this Agreement. If you do not accept this Agreement, you may not purchase any goods from this Site.
1. Conditions to prevail
- Nothing in this Agreement affects your statutory rights. We may terminate, change or suspend any part of this website, including any content, features or hours of availability at any time and at our sole discretion. We may change any part of this Agreement by posting new terms on our Site. It is your responsibility to check if changes have been made. Your continued use of this Site after any such changes are posted will constitute your acceptance of these changes and terms. Our acceptance of your order shall be by e-mail in which we shall confirm to you the goods you have ordered, the price of the goods, approximate delivery time for the goods and the postage and packaging charges.
- Minimum Orders - There is no minimum order value.
- 2.1 All payments shall be made in pounds Sterling (GBP). You may pay for any goods you order from the Site using any credit card or debit card that we accept. Payment can be made by Visa, MasterCard, Maestro Electron, Solo and Delta. Overseas customers should contact a member of our sales team if payment is to be in any other currency.
- 2.2 Payment of the whole price of the goods ordered must be received by us before we can process your order and despatch the goods to you.
- 2.3 With each order that we deliver to you, we shall deliver to you an invoice in respect of that order.
- 2.4 If we do not have sufficient stock of all or some of the goods in your order, we shall notify you by e-mail informing you of any suitable substitute items. If there are no suitable alternative items to replace those in your original order, we shall credit your credit or debit card with the full amount of the purchase price of the goods as soon as is reasonably practicable but in any event shall be no later than 30 days from the date of your order.
- 2.5 All transactions made with SGS Engineering UK Ltd are encrypted via our secure server software. This means that every character (letter and number) you enter is converted into coding which is then transmitted securely via the Internet. Your credit card details will go through a number of security checks before your card is debited. The most important one of these is to ensure your card has not been reported lost or stolen. Should we find this to be the case, no debit will be made and your credit card company will be notified of the attempted transaction immediately.
- 2.6 Please ensure that the expiry date of your payment card is after the anticipated despatch date of your order. Payment is taken at the point of ordering and in the event that the payment card has expired we will be unable to fulfil your order.
- 2.7 Your order will be considered accepted by SGS Engineering UK Ltd once the order has been dispatched.
- 3.1 Deliveries will be made by our appointed carrier, at the address stipulated in your order. It is your responsibility to ensure that someone is available to accept delivery.
- 3.2 Any stipulated period of time for delivery shall start from the date on which we accept your order and is approximate only. If we are unable to deliver your goods within 30 days of the date of your order, we shall notify you by e-mail to arrange another date for delivery, if this is not suitable and a refund is required we shall credit your credit or debit card with the full purchase price of the goods as soon as is reasonably practicable but in any event no later than 30 days from the date of your order.
- 3.3 If you are not in when the carrier attempts delivery a card will be left informing you of the attempted delivery. The carrier will then attempt a re-delivery the following day. If they are still unable to deliver your goods, the parcel will be kept in the carrier depot for a further 5 days. After this time the goods will be returned to SGS Engineering UK Ltd. A redelivery will incur additional costs, to be paid by the recipient.
- 3.4 From time to time we may offer discounts or free delivery. These offers are available at our discretion and will not include products that may require special handling or packaging.
- 3.5 We may deliver the goods in installments if the goods are not available at the same time for delivery and you are happy for us to do so.
- 3.6 High Volume Orders - If you estimate your order amount will exceed £250.00 in any one order, please contact us so we can make special arrangements.
- 3.7a UK Orders placed after 4pm may not be dispatched until the following day.
- 3.7b International Orders placed after 1:00pm may not be dispatched until the following day.
- 3.8 We aim to ship all UK orders on a next day delivery service where possible. This is not a guaranteed service.
4. Taxes & Customs
- You are responsible for the payment of any import duties, taxes and any other local charges levied in your country of residence. We have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they might be. You should contact your local customs office for further advice. SGS Engineering UK Ltd will not accept returns or issue refunds for deliveries refused due to refusal to pay Customs & Excise duties.
- SGS Engineering UK Ltd will not be held responsible for any loss or damaged caused by searches performed by customs officers etc. Some products we sell may have importation restrictions in the country where the delivery is to be made. Should this apply to part of your order, the items will be removed before it is dispatched. Should this apply to the whole of your order, you will be notified within 5 days of your order date. In either case you be will refunded accordingly.
- SGS Engineering UK Ltd ensures best endeavour only and does not accept any responsibility for lack of accuracy. SGS Engineering UK Ltd shall not be liable whatsoever for any loss or claim in part or whole due to Customs and Excise importation restrictions. Failure to comply with this may result in seizure of goods by customs officials, and in such a case, liability is yours, the buyer.
5. Returns and Refunds
- Upon receipt of your order you are advised to carefully inspect the package and goods to ensure they are intact and complete, before signing for receipt of delivery. Should you find the parcel to be damaged or incomplete you must refuse delivery of the goods. If these conditions are met we will gladly offer a replacement, exchange or refund. Refunds on promotional goods purchased under a promotional offer will be based on the terms of the promotional price. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- Please report any damaged or faulty items to SGS within 24 hours of ordering and provide any information requested (eg photographs) within 24 hours.
- If you have ordered the incorrect part or wish to return an order within 14 days we will gladly exchange the product free of charge with just the carriage to pay. After 14 days at our discretion we may choose to refund an order. This will be evaluated on a case by case basis. There will be an additional restocking fee of 20% of the product value.
- In order to return a product for a refund the product must be in the original packaging and be in 100% as new condition.
- Any carriage costs incurred shipping the goods back to SGS Engineering UK Ltd will be refunded up to the amount of £5.30.
- Please check the part number on your old gas strut before ordering.
- If you have ordered the incorrect part online we will exchange the goods for the correct part with just the carriage to be paid by the customer. Returns may be subject to a £1.50 charge plus VAT.
- Refunds may take up to 28 working days to process.
6. Limitation of Liability
- 6.1 All information on this website is given free-of-charge, we cannot be held liable in respect of the information given on this website.
- We will make every effort to ensure that the information on our website is correct, however, we do not guarantee its entirety and accuracy.
- We do not guarantee that our website will remain available or that all the material used is kept current.
- We will not be liable for direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage arising under these terms and conditions, whether arising in tort, contract, or otherwise, including, without limitation, any loss of profit, contracts, business, goodwill, data, income, revenue or anticipated savings.
- We will not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage arising under these terms and conditions or in connection with our website.
- 6.2 Nothing in this clause shall limit or exclude our liability for:
- (a) death or personal injury arising from our negligence;
- (b) fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- (c) any warranty implied by section 12, 13 or 14 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979.
- 6.2 Except as expressly provided in this Agreement, we exclude all, conditions and warranties whether express or implied (by statute or otherwise) to the fullest extent permitted by law.
7. Consumer Law / Distance Selling Regulations
- The Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 SI 2013/3134.
- These regulations provide you with a cooling off period of fourteen working days. This means within the first fourteen days from the day after the date of your receipt of the goods, you have the unconditional right to cancel. This must be made in writing and all items must be returned within 30 days at your cost, sealed, in suitable packaging and in a saleable condition to obtain a refund.
- From the date of notification to cancel, ownership of all goods will revert back to SGS Engineering UK Ltd. All refunds will be made within 14 days of our receipt of the returned goods.
- Goods not covered by Consumer Contracts Regulations include any items modified specifically for the Buyer. This includes gas struts that have been modified to a specific length, set to a specific Newton value and adjustable gas struts where the valve has been modified.
8. Governing Law
- All information and the Terms and Conditions of this site have been prepared in accordance with UK law. If you are residing in or accessing this site from a country other than the UK the information and the Terms and Conditions may not satisfy the laws of that country. Relevant United Kingdom law will apply to these Terms and Conditions and the relevant courts of the United Kingdom will have exclusive jurisdiction.
9. Mistakes in bills, receipts and payments
- We have put systems into place to prevent any mistakes from occurring. In any event mistakes can and do happen. Once proof that a mistake has been made we will correct the error within seven (7) days of agreeing to do so.
- All complaints are considered very serious and are acknowledged within five (5) working days. We deal with all complaints confidentially in a fair, speedy and effective manner. In the first instance contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Data Protection Act
- Security and your peace of mind are extremely important to us; therefore all of your personal details are kept secure under the UK Data Protection Act 1998 to prevent any unauthorised access. We will request a proof of identity before any confidential information is disclosed.
12. Privacy and Security Policy
- We are committed to protecting your privacy. Other than to assist us in delivering your goods to you i.e. our nominated carriers, we will not divulge, sell or rent personally identifiable information to any third party for any purpose without your consent unless where required by law. If SGS Engineering UK Ltd has reason to believe that there is likely to be a breach of security ormisuse of the SGS Engineering UK Ltd site we may suspend your account.
- SGS Engineering use Remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online. Third-party vendors, including Google, may show you ads on sites across the Internet.
- SGS Engineering and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimise and serve ads based on someone's past visits to your website.
- SGS Engineering UK Ltd has no control over the content of websites it links to. We accept no responsibility for their content or your use of these web sites. You agree that we will not be held responsible for any loss or damage occurring as a result of using these links. Any dealings you have with third parties via these links are your responsibility and you do so at your own risk.
- Force Majeure: We shall not be liable to you for any delay in, or failure of, performance of our obligations under this Agreement arising from any clause beyond our reasonable control including any of the following: act of God, governmental act, war, fire, flood, explosion or civil commotion, failure in technology or telecommunications services, and industrial action.
- 15.1 Performance of Contract - Each delivery shall be considered a separate transaction and the failure of any one delivery shall not affect the due performance of the contract as regards other deliveries.
- 15.2 Variation - This Agreement may not be amended, modified, varied or supplemented except in writing signed by or on behalf of each party.
- 15.3 Severance - If any part of this Agreement is found to be void or enforceable, it will be severed from the rest of this Agreement so that it is ineffective to the extent that it shall not effect the validity of the balance of the Agreement. If insufficient terms remain the Agreement will be cancelled.
- 15.4 Termination - Except as otherwise expressly provided, this Agreement shall end when we have delivered your order to the Carrier. Clause 9 shall survive termination of this Agreement.
- Third Party Rights: Nothing contained on this Site confers on any third party and benefits under the provisions of the contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- 15.5 Law - This contract shall be construed in accordance with English Law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- You may not use the SGS Engineering UK Ltd website for any of the following purposes: - disseminating any unlawful, harassing, libellous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, or otherwise objectionable material transmitting material that encourages conduct that constitutes a criminal offence, results in civil liability or otherwise breaches any relevant laws, regulations or code of practice gaining unauthorised access to their computer systems interfering with any other person's use or enjoyment of the SGS Engineering UK Ltd site breaching any laws concerning the use of public telecommunications networks.
- Although the SGS Engineering UK Ltd Site aims to offer you the best service possible, we makes no promises that the services offered will meet your requirements.
- We cannot guarantee that the service will be fault free. If a fault occurs please contact email@example.com and we will attempt to correct the fault as soon as we reasonably can. Your access to the Site may be occasionally restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance or the introduction of new facilities or services. SGS Engineering UK Ltd will attempt to restore the service as soon as it reasonably can.