See our picture how-to guide below, for our easy step-by-step instructions on how to change your SGS 26cc Strimmer spool.
You can purchase new strimmer line or bump spools here.
1. To remove the spool from the strimmer, unscrew it from the shaft. You can hold the locking nut with a spanner or your hand to stop the spool from just spinning.
2. Unscrew the top piece of the bump spool.
3. Twist off the spool wire reel from the base. You should now have three individual pieces of spool.
4. Remove any old strimming wire from the spool wire reel. Take two pieces of your new strimming wire and create a hook on one end of each of them.
5. With one of your strimming wires, take the hook you've made, and catch it on the one of the holes on the spool reel. Wrap your strimming wire around the reel, paying attention to the arrow printed on the spool. The trimmer line needs to be a "clean" wrap around without any twists.
6. Turn the spool wire reel over and repeat with the other strimming wire, on the second hole in the reel. Place the ends of wire through the clips on the spool reel.
7. Place the wire reel, clip side down, towards the base. Feed each end of the strimming wire through a hole in the spool base. You might find this easier to do if you bend the ends of the wire 90°.
8. Replace the reel in the base of the spool. Push the reel down on to the spring in the base and twist it to lock the reel in place.
9. Replace the top of the spool and twist it onto the base of the spool. You may have to hold the fixing in the top of the spool with your thumb, as you do this.
10. Replace the base of your spool on the strimmer and get back to keeping your garden beautifully maintained!