What is our online refund policy?
Subject to the below exceptions, SGS Engineering is happy to exchange or refund your purchase within 60 days of delivery. Your refund will be credited to the original payment card on the day of request but may take up to 14 working days.
Unwanted goods must be returned in a fully re-saleable condition and any packaging must be intact. We reserve the right to refuse an exchange or full refund if goods are not returned in a re-saleable condition or are damaged. If these conditions are met we will gladly offer a replacement, exchange or refund. Refunds on promotional goods purchased under a promotional offer will be based on the terms of the promotional price. Our 60 days returns policy is in addition to the standard 14 day returns offered by the Consumer Contact Regulations.
If the product is to be repaired, and the manufacturer has provided a helpline, repair service or warranty, please contact the manufacturer direct in the first instance.
Upon receipt of your order you are advised to carefully inspect the package and goods to ensure they are intact and complete, before signing for receipt of delivery. Should you find the parcel to be damaged or incomplete you must refuse delivery of the goods.
Please report any damaged or faulty items to SGS within 24 hours of ordering and provide any information requested (eg photographs) within 24 hours.
If you have ordered the incorrect part or wish to return an order we will gladly exchange the product free of charge with just the carriage to pay. Some parts may be subject to a restocking fee - this is normally 20% of the product value.
Return policy for powertools
We have teamed up with our leading power tool suppliers to offer a free, fast and reliable repair service. Please contact the manufacturer directly and your faulty power tool will be repaired and returned to you ready to use. Using this service can often be the fastest way to get any problem resolved.
Please use the links below to contact the relevant manufacturer. Depending on the manufacturer, you may be required to create an account to benefit from all the services they offer, including repairs.
Remember you must register your extended power tool warranty online within 28 days of purchase. Visit our Warranty Information page for more details.
How to claim warranty on Milwaukee power tools
The fastest and most convenient way for you to arrange a warranty repair for your product is to use Milwaukee E-Service.
E-Service is a web-based collection, repair and return service. You will be able to choose between a collection from your place of business, home (Monday to Friday) or from many conveniently located drop off / collection points in your area that may have extended business hours. You can also arrange for the product to be returned to a different location from where the tool was collected. You will be able to track the progress of your collection, repair and product return on line, by email or by SMS.
In order to complete the on-line form, you will need to have the following in front of you:
- The product (for model number / serial number)
- The purchase receipt / invoice (proof of purchase)
- The extended warranty document if the product is over 12 months old (this would have been emailed to you after you registered the product and is available on your Extended Warranty account)
How to find E-Service:
- Click on https://eservice.milwaukeetool.eu
- If you do not have an account you will need to create one and register the item for collection.
- After logging into your account click on My tools and click on repair next to the faulty tool
- If the tool is not registered then click on register the appropriate tool (corded, cordless or other)
- If you are not able to read the code on the tool you can enter the model e.g. M18CPD.
- Then if you are not able to read the serial number, you can click under the box where it states unable to read serial number and it will let you proceed.
How do I return a product?
Please follow the instructions below on our returns page before returning any goods
We require all returned goods (defective, damaged, unwanted or otherwise) to be sent back to us in the original condition they were received in, with all accessories, manuals and the original packaging. Items that are being returned purely because they are no longer wanted should be returned in unopened packaging. SGS retain the right to refuse a refund or charge an appropriate fee for items that are returned without original packaging and/or without accessories and manuals.”
- In the event of a product failing, your first course of action should be to contact SGS Engineering at [email protected]
- Within 6 months of purchase date: Once the fault has been established and deemed impossible to be solved on site, SGS will arrange for collection of the item at cost to the customer. This will refunded in full if the item is found to be faulty.
- If the machine is being returned it is the customer’s responsibility to drain all fluids from any product. If fuel or oil is left in the machine, the courier we use to collect the product may quarantine the product delaying delivery. Resulting additional charges and fees will be passed onto to you.
- If the machine is being returned it is also the responsibility of the customer to package the machine securely, and to print and affix the returns label we supply via email to the package. The repair and replacement of the machine will take place within a reasonable period of time during standard weekday business hours.
- Pre-collection photos of the item unpackaged and packaged ready for collection will be required.
- Please note that if the item has a non-warrantable fault the customer will be charge for carriage both ways, parts and labour.
Parts only supply:
- If a machine can be repaired on site we may send out replacement parts under the terms of the warranty. To achieve this we must have photographic evidence of the faulty part / damaged area, clearly highlighting the defect or by having the part returned to us.
- If we are to send out a new part before we have either the faulty part or photographic evidence we will charge for the new part. When we receive the faulty part back we will test the part, if the part is found to be faulty due to a manufacturing defect we will then refund the purchase price and shipping of the replacement.
How do I cancel an order?
You may cancel your order (or any part of it) for any reason before delivery, however, if your order has already been dispatched & is with the courier a restocking fee may apply.
All total prices for goods and services at the checkout represent the total, VAT-inclusive price payable by the customer for those items. For deliveries to the European Union (EU), this price includes VAT (or VAT equivalent) at the relevant rate. VAT exempt customers should contact us with their VAT number for a refund.