|Gas Struts||Power Team||Tools & Equipment||Hydraulic Press||Tool Chests|
|Defects present after customer takes delivery||Defects present after customer takes delivery||Defects present after customer takes delivery||Defects present after customer takes delivery||Defects present after customer takes delivery|
|2 years from the date of delivery||Lifetime Marathon Warranty||2 years from the date of delivery||10 years from the date of delivery||10 years from the date of delivery|
|Included at no additional cost||Included at no additional cost||Included at no additional cost||Included at no additional cost||Included at no additional cost|
Who to contact
to make the claim
|The seller||SGS Engineering||SGS Engineering||SGS Engineering||SGS Engineering|
Warranty periods and warranty services are intended as a guide only and variations may occur.
Activating your warranty
You must activate your warranty within 31 days of your invoice date. To register your product for its full advertised warranty you MUST fill in the extended warranty form here.
Important – All Products:
- It is advisable to keep all original packaging.
- Warranty coverage is continual from the initial date of purchase and does not restart at anytime under any circumstances.
- This limited warranty is valid only when the product receives all necessary preventative maintenance and servicing as described in the relevant User Manual.
- This warranty covers machine used and operated within the UK mainland only.
Not covered by this Limited Warranty (General):
- Normal wear and tear.
- Damage caused by a lack of maintenance as described in your user manual.
- Damage caused by accidents, impact, improper installation or storage.
- Damage caused by water (ingestion, submersion or external water damage).
- Damage or reduced-performance caused by operation in a marine environment.
- Damaged caused by improper pressure or conditions contrary to the published specification.
- Damaged due modifications of the product.
- Damage caused by items not supplied by SGS, such as but not limited to, filters, wires and accessories.
- Damage caused by repairs not completed by SGS Engineering or without prior agreement and approval from SGS Engineering.
- Service items, such as spark plugs, filters.
- Wearing items such as brushes, bearings, hoses, seals, wheels, lances, batteries, cables, blades, trimmer heads and spools, straps, belts, etc.
- Damage caused by stale petrol or contaminated fuel.
- If the product is used for commercial or for-profit purposes (unless covered by a Commercial Warranty).
Not covered by this Limited Warranty (Generators):
- Damage caused by overloading a generator (you will require a generator with 1.2 times the output power of the items you wish to run, taking into account any start up power requirements).
- AVRs are not covered under warranty, as these can be damaged by stopping the generator when under full load.
- Exceeding the duty-cycles the product is designed for (purchase a commercial generator for a commercial warranty).
- Pull start mechanism / pull cords
Not covered by this Limited Warranty (Gas Struts):
- Damage caused by failing to following the installation instructions provided.
- Damage caused by failing to following the adjustment instructions provided (Adjustable Gas struts only).
- Damage caused by tooling or marking the piston rod in any way.
- Damage caused by neglecting to keep the strut away from moisture, dirt and dust.
- Damage caused by lubricating / greasing / oiling a strut (unless specifically instructed to by someone from SGS).
- Damage caused by failing to equally distribute weight between struts.
- Damage caused by failing to screw end fixings all the way in.
- Damage caused by gripping, scratching, chipping, bending, wetting, soiling or painting the gas strut.
- Damage caused by cycling a strut more than 5 times per minute.
- Damage caused by over-extending or over-compressing a gas strut.
- Gas struts must be replaced or installed as a pair to prevent voiding of the warranty - this is because the force between a pair of struts must be kept equal to prevent side loading and premature failure of the gas strut.
Not covered by this Limited Warranty (Garage Equipment):
- Damage caused by exceeding the stated capacity of the product.
- Damage caused by using the product on an uneven surface (see instruction manual for details).
Not covered by this Limited Warranty (Garden Equipment):
- Damage caused by failing to follow the fuelling, priming and starting instructions as per the user manual provided.
- Exceeding the duty-cycles the product is designed for (purchase commercial equipment for a commercial warranty).
Not covered by this Limited Warranty (Air Compressors / Tools):
- Damaged caused to the product by using it in an unclean and dirty/dusty environment.
- Exceeding the duty-cycles the product is designed for (purchase a commercial air compressor for a commercial warranty).
Products are warranted to be free of defects in materials and workmanship for a time period as described in your warranty agreement and advertised on a product by product basis. The duration of the warranty is calculated from the original date of purchase. This limited warranty guarantees that any defective parts will be repaired or replaced at the discretion of SGS Engineering.
Limited Warranty, providing parts, labour and return carriage for the first year and parts only for the remaining warranty length. Warranty period is effective as of the date of purchase.
If the product is used for commercial or for-profit purposes, your warranty will be invalidated.
SPX Power Team Commercial Use Warranty
All SPX Power Team parts and products (with the exceptions noted below) are warranted against defects in materials and workmanship for the entire life of the part or product. Note; The life of the product or part is defined as that point in time when it no longer safely or properly functions due to normal wear.
Inflatable jacks, chains, batteries, electric motors, gas engines, knives and cutter blades which are sold with Power Team products are not covered by this warranty and instead are warranted as follows:
- Inflatable jacks and electronics are warranted against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one year from date of purchase.
- Consumable parts or accessories, including without limitation, chains, batteries, knives and cutter blades are warranted against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one year from date of purchase.
- All electric motors and gas engines are separately warranted by their respective manufacturer under the terms and conditions stated in their separate warranty.
The foregoing warranties do not cover ordinary wear and tear or any product or part that has been worn out, abused, heated, ground or otherwise altered, used for a purpose other than that for which it was intended or used in a manner inconsistent with any instructions regarding its use.
If any product or part manufactured by SPX is found to be defective, the part or product will either be repaired or replaced.
- In the event of a product failing, your first course of action should be to contact SGS Engineering using the following web-form: Returns Form
- Within 6 months of purchase date: Once the fault has been established and deemed impossible to be solved on site, SGS will arrange for collection of the item at cost to the customer. This will refunded in full if the item is found to be faulty.
- If the machine is being returned it is the customer’s responsibility to drain all fluids from any product. If fuel or oil is left in the machine, the courier we use to collect the product may quarantine the product delaying delivery. Resulting additional charges and fees will be passed onto to you.
- If the machine is being returned it is also the responsibility of the customer to package the machine securely, and to print and affix the returns label we supply via email to the package. The courier will provide shipping documentation on collection. The repair and replacement of the machine will take place within a reasonable period of time during standard weekday business hours.
- Please note that if the item has a non-warrantable fault the customer will be charge for carriage both ways, parts and labour.
Parts only supply:
- If a machine can be repaired on site we may send out replacement parts under the terms of the warranty. To achieve this we must have photographic evidence of the faulty part / damaged area, clearly highlighting the defect or by having the part returned to us. Photographs can be attached to the Returns Form.
- If we are to send out a new part before we have either the faulty part or photographic evidence we will charge for the new part. When we receive the faulty part back we will test the part, if the part is found to be faulty due to a manufacturing defect we will then refund the purchase price and shipping of the replacement.